Jamin JACK Audio Mastering Interface, is a GPL-licensed professional audio mastering suite, designed to perform professional audio mastering of stereo input streams.
JAMin uses FFT, so it's CPU and memory heavy user. It is recommended to use the most recent hardware, Dual Core if possible. However, it is reported that running an AMD Athlon 1700+ (1.46 GHz) or better with 512 Mbyte PC133 memory or better, is best for running Ardour->JAMin->Ardour with 12-16 tracks plus effects.
JAMin requires these components be installed on your computer:
- ALSA — Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
- JACK — JACK Audio Connection Kit
- LADSPA — Linux Audio Developer's Simple Plug-in API
- SWH plug-ins — Steve Harris' LADSPA plug-ins
- FFTW — Fastest Fourier Transform in the West
- liblo — an implementation of OSC protocol
- libsndfile — Erik de Castro Lopo's sound file I/O
- GTK — The GIMP Toolkit
Building and Installing Edit
Debian Variants and Newer Edit
If you are using Debian sarge or newer:
apt-get install jamin
should install the latest version of Jamin.