The Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 is an 18 in / 6 out USB 2.0 audio interface designed for multitrack recording.
Along with two Focusrite preamps, six analogue inputs the 18i6 allows you to simultaneously record guitar, bass, vocals and keys. You can also connect the ADAT optical cable from an outboard eight-channel mic pre unit to track drums at the same time.
- 18 In, 6 OUT Channels
- 6 Analog 1/4” TRS Inputs
- 2 Analog XLR/TRS Inputs
- 1 ADAT Input
- SPDIF I/O
- 2 Analog 1/4” TRS Outputs
- 1 Headphone Stereo 1/4” Output
- MIDI I/O
- 24-bit/96 kHz
- DSP Mixer/Router Zero-Latency
- Confirmation it works with ALSA 1.0.25 (see link below)
- Minimal patch (bypass mixer, full DSP support): patch on ALSA dev mailinglist (see link below).
- Full support incl. mixer, internal routing and device configuration:focusrite development blog, git repository. (See Links below)
- Confirmation it works with ALSA 1.0.25 Ardour Community
- ALSA dev Mailinglist
- Focusrite Develpment Blog
- GitHub Repository
- 18i6 User Guide English pdf